Skip to main content

Disney Dress: Easter

I apologize, I fell off the blog posting boat while working on my outfits for the Walt Disney World Marathon Weeked. But since I am currently out of fabric from all the outfits I made for that trip and also my upcoming trip to Disney for the Princess Half Marathon, I figured I should start posting some of my outfits again.  I decided to share the Easter dress I made for myself first since I will not be wearing this dress at Disney.  The fabric I used was cotton lyrca from BCD fabrics from her surprise Easter retail. I think this fabric is absolutely adorable. I will add the link to the website  here  and the link to the Facebook page  here . Unfortunately there was very limited retail of this fabric so I do not think there is any left.  For the dress itself, I mashed together the Wiggle Dress and Sweetheart Dress from Patterns for Pirates.  The top is the off the should top from the Wiggle Dress. I will link the Wiggle Dress pattern  here   I love the off the shoulder top, there is ela

Disney Outfit #5 - Gray Minnie Mouse Dress

For my fifth outfit, I almost want to call this the dress that did not happen. Originally when I had purchased my gray Minnie Mouse fabric, I wanted to make a timeless tunic out of it with a solid black top. But, my mom had asked me to make her a mantel cover so I had used my black woven fabric for that. Then, I decided I would use my Minnie Mouse fabric for the skirt portion of the Patterns for Pirates Boundless Dress. Next I decided that I would make the skirt portion a circle skirt. I had cut out the first half of the circle skirt and then realized that I did not have enough fabric to cut out the second half of the circle. I figured I could maybe make it work with a 3/4 circle. After cutting out the 1/4 circle piece I realized that at some point I completely butchered the piece. So I took what fabric I could to best match the original pattern with a little bit of a high low skirt. Sewing is definitely all about learning and that I why I love it so much. 




The fabric for this dress is from Joann Fabric. The black is a knit rayon spandex and the gray Minnie Mouse fabric is woven cotton.


The pattern I used for the dress was the Boundless Dress from Patterns for Pirates, which can be found here




This was my first time using the Boundless Dress pattern and I do not know why I waited so long to make one. What's great about this pattern is you do not have to attach a collar. 




The ears are sequin Minnie Mouse pair that my mom got for me for our second Princess Half Marathon. Turns out finding fabric to match some of my others ears is a bit more difficult than I though it would be. 




I also made some peg shorites to wear under my dress using some black APB from Zenith and Quasar fabric!





For my next outfit, I will be making a shirt and shorts outfit with some familiar snack fabric. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Outfit #4 - Minnie Mouse Shorts

I do not think I mentioned it before but part of my upcoming trip to Disney will be a 4 night Disney Cruise so for my fourth outfit, I created this super comfy shirt and shorts to wear while we are on the ship.  The fabric for the shorts is a woven fabric from Joann Fabric. The fabric used for the shirt is a knit fabric from Joann Fabric.  The pattern I used for the shirt is the Sweet Tee from Patterns for Pirates, which can be found  here .  I love this shirt pattern. It has dolman style sleeves that are bands so you do not have to hem them. I think I finally mastered added a neckband to shirts now too.  The pattern I used for the shorts was the Linen Loungers from Patterns for Pirates, which can be found  here .   These shorts are so super comfy. I am definitely going to use this pattern to make more shorts for the cruise. Even though they are made with woven fabric, they fit really well, do not feel constricting in anyway and they even have an elastic waistband for added co

Ordering from Lush UK

Okay, so I know forever ago I posted about an order that I placed on the lush UK website. But I really just want to make this blog post about what it is like to order from the lush UK website, because I feel I had gone in a little blind when I did. The only reason I wanted to order from the lush UK website in the first place was because they had the Easter stuff way before the North American website did, but I never realized how much cheaper it can actually be to order from their UK site either. Anyway lets get started with the facts. One thing that is different on the UK website is that you can buy the fresh face masks, but this is something I do not recommend because with how long shipping can be your mask may not get to you within three weeks, and with it not being refrigerated that whole time it just seems like a bit of a waste. Another random fact is that for the UK website you need to add a message saying what samples you would like to get in your package, bu

Disney Outfit #3 - Disney Snacks

For my third outfit for my upcoming trip to Disney, I created this amazing sweetheart dress to match the Minnie Mouse ears my mom got for me! The Disney Snacks fabric used for this sweetheart dress is knit fabric from Christys Cute Designs .  The pattern I used for the dress was the Sweetheart dress from Patterns for Pirates, which can be found  here .  For this dress I did the tank top option with the mini skirt. I also used fold over elastic for the neckline. The ears are sequin Minnie Mouse pair that my mom got for me for our second Princess Half Marathon. I do have to admit, I may have quite a few outfits matching these ears.  Can someone take me to Disney for a Dole Whip right now please? This fabric makes me hungry!  For my next outfit, I will be creating a pair of shorts out of this adorable Minnie Mouse Fabric!